How We Can Help
- Advocacy – Assistance in gaining equal access to services that individuals with disabilities are entitled to receive.
- Peer Counseling – Counseling for persons with disabilities by persons with disabilities.
- Independent Living Skills Training – Assistance in obtaining the skills needed to live independently, such as financial management, acquired social skills, household management, etc.
- Information and Referral – Information about assistive devices, recreation, accessibility, legislation, and other disability-related issues. Referrals are also made to local service providers to assist individuals in locating resources needed to become or remain independent and in the community.
- Transition Services – Collaboration with school systems and other agencies to assist students with disabilities in transitions from middle school to high school to work and/or post graduate opportunities. Information on available assistance and services to eligible consumers transitioning out of a nursing home or other institution back into the community.
- Americans With Disabilities Act
- Assistive Technology
- Benefits Planning
- Community Education
- Disability Rights
- Employment Issues
- Home Modifications
- Housing Assistance
- Independent Living Skills Training
- Information and Referral
- Personal Assistance Services
- Sensitivity Training
- Support Groups
- Technical Assistance
- Transition Services